STEPCHANGE: 2018 Round-Up
We’re currently in the month of January – or as it’s better known – ‘New-Year-New-Me-blah-blah-blah-uary’.
There’s no denying that the start of a brand spanking new year is a great time to plan any changes that we can make for the better. Whether it is those pipe dreams of getting to the gym 8 days a week and looking like Schwarzenegger by July, or simply being more thoughtful to those around us, setting positive goals can be great for your frame of mind.
But along with looking into the future, it’s also a great time of the year for reflecting on the past and all of the achievements that came with it.
With that in mind, we thought we’d put together a STEPCHANGE 2018 round up.
We began STEPCHANGE at the start of 2018 with the aim of not reinventing the wheel, but being more mindful when it came to our usual routines. These manageable changes may not have seemed like much at the time, but when you look at the facts and figures over the past year it really is encouraging to think that, actually, we have really accomplished something great.
WHAT WE ACHIEVED:
• We stopped ordering bottled water in bulk and installed a water cooler instead. Because of this there are 1,920 fewer plastic bottles polluting our oceans.
• We ran, we baked and we saved – raising a whopping £5,951.00 for LandAid, Alzheimer’s Society and other great causes.
• We started doing a monthly STEP-COOK-OFF and were able to save 200 lots of disposable lunch packaging from ending up in landfill, and hang out as a team in the process.
• We installed hand dryers in our bathrooms, meaning that 36,000 paper towels were saved.
• So far, we’ve had 70 days of cleaner air in the studio by purchasing multiple plants. This means we’re 15% more productive (apparently) and we’re happier with our greener surroundings.
All in all, we're happy with the simple changes we have made and the positive effect they've had.
Watch this space for 2019’s edition of STEPCHANGE!
– Posted by the Stepladder team